The list of quick tips will continue to grow, and I’ll link to the post if I ever expand on something.
- Have a three-email rule. Clients will try to get your content and time for free. Allow no more than three emails to be exchanged or for you to send 2-3 emails before payment is required. If more emails are needed (in the case of a custom clip), impose a small fee of $5/10 as a courtesy to you, especially if the emails are long.
- Know that clients WILL try to scam your wish list. Make sure you have the gift in hand (even if they have to wait) before you give out any content. If they can’t wait, tell them to tip or send you a gift card to purchase the item (buy it straight after since GCs can be cancelled). If they don’t pay, then you’ll know they were interested.
- Try to take a minimum of 10 random pictures when filming or camming. Having a stock of sexy pictures will come in handy for sites like LoyalFans, and social media promotion. You don’t have to edit them as you take them, but make sure they’re usable and carry on.
- Short clips are good filler clips! Bolster your upload schedule with clips that are 2-4 minutes in length (2 minutes is the minimum upload length for clips on most sites). To make it more cohesive, turn the short clips into a series. This is popular within FemDom clips where a 2-minute clip can be a ‘rip off’ clip or clips that instruct the viewer to do x amount of tasks.
- Forgot to turn the microphone on? Keep the footage! If you need to bulk a tease clip, edit the footage to include the ‘sexier’ bits in slow more or snippets from other videos. Film mindfuck? Layer newly recorded audio on top of the footage for a disconnect that will have the viewer mindfucked into bliss.
- Here’s our favourite 4-minute basic lighting tutorial.
- If in doubt, turn on all lighting in the room, then place a light behind you and in front of you.
- Don’t dismiss the power of a big ring light with all the lights off! It works great for moody clips or mind fuck, vampire and mesmerise content.
- When recording on your phone, a phone ring light works well. You can even get cases (the Lumee case springs to mind) made specifically for lighting the perfect selfie.
- Sending out regular $2-$5 pay-to-view messages will soon add up, even if only a few people purchase them.
- At the bare minimum, you want to upload at least one piece of content daily. It will keep your subscribers returning to check your page and potentially open any new paid mail waiting for them.
- Sell clips on your fan clubs! Create a basic graphic with an enticing still from each clip, pop the price underneath and tell them to contact you to purchase. Some sites (like LoyalFans) now offer a clip section that works like a regular store.
- Continually upsell your content. For example: ‘Oh! If you love this clip, you might also love this one, and as a treat, if you purchase it now, I’ll knock $1 off just for you!’
- The most popular clip format is MP4, and WMV is a close second.
- Clips4Sale allows four additional versions (sometimes, they change this rule). Releasing the maximum number of clips will allow greater exposure. Use programs like Wondershare Video Converter to convert your clips.
- Customers prefer smaller clips. Try using Handbrake to compress your clips without losing quality. Take note of the frame rate in which your clip has been shot, and then decide on the compression speed – fast means bigger files, and small means smaller files.
- If you’re exhausted, try focusing the camera on your cleavage/boobs/butt for a brief period to rest.
- Prizes and games of chance are a great way to lure in new tippers. A simple game of ‘tip any number from 1-100 and win a prize’ is very tempting. The tips will also accumulate when it’s a slow period.
- Consider creating an incentive for new users to sign up for the site with your affiliate link.
- Don’t know what to say? Keep a basic script to hand (we’ll be releasing these soon). Write an intro, a few lines for when things are quiet, and an outro requesting them to rate you.
- If you have phone anxiety, don’t worry. The client generally does all the talking. Coax their fantasy out of them by asking open-ended questions, then repeat what they’ve said. Even if you’re a Dominant, let them lead the session to make it easier on yourself, especially if you’re starting out.
- Run your images through an Exif data remover if you’re unsure about the information embedded in your image. This is my favourite programme.
- Did your iPhone take HEIC pictures by mistake? Don’t worry! Download a free HEIC converter so you can upload your pictures.
- Whilst a watermark won’t deter people from downloading and uploading your content to other sites, it provides a signpost for people to know who you are or where to find your website. However, some pirates go through the effort of removing the watermark, but the harder you make it for them, the better!
- Know that some clip and cam show pirate sites where DMCAs don’t mean anything. So keep that in mind if you’re banking on sending out DMCAs to get your content removed if you retire. After all, nowadays, what’s on the internet stays on the internet.
- Do NOT send a DMCA with your legal name. There’s a database where the name you submit will show up alongside the link you’re submitting the DMCA for.
- Most clip sites offer a DMCA service. Use it routinely, and don’t be afraid to send the link a few times if the content hasn’t been taken down yet.
- Amazon has deleted sex worker wish lists in the past. To stay under the radar, make sure your list isn’t attached to your personal Amazon account/email, and do not mention gifts in exchange for sexual acts or content.
- Speaking of, Amazon will NOT protect you. Full stop. Even if you only accept Amazon-only items, the drivers can and will take images of the place they’ve dropped off the parcel – your home, your PO Box place, a friend’s etc.
- If you want to accept gifts, for your safety, you must look into getting a PO Box. However, double-check their policies as not all PO Boxes will protect your identity if someone asks who owns the PO Box (more on PO Boxes coming soon).